In recent Years - CUSTOMER SERVICE levels, on an average has come down drastically , in some cases we can label it as PATHETIC
While INVESTIGATING the reasons - some peculiar TRENDS were observed.
Though we BLAME the Customer Care Team - the deterioration in SERVICE is actually DESIGNED by the IT Department - DESIGN to HARRASS CUSTOMERS
Let's see the CURRENT TRENDS:
Typical Customer Service Problems - How many TIMES You have faced these scenarios
1. Customer Service response by MAIL
If You are asking for a SUPPORT from the Customer Care Service Department by mail - chances are high You will receive a MAIL with "DO NOT REPLY "
As far as COMMUNICATION Model is concern - the SENDER sends a MESSAGE to the RECEIVER, and the RECEIVER replies with a OPEN FEEDBACK
In most cases, You will observe that the Customer Service is replying a mail which may or may not SOLVE Your PROBLEM - but they don't give You a 2nd Chance to CLARIFY Your DOUBT through the FEEDBACK LOOP, they are blocking the MAIL with a " DO NOT REPLY " Tag
Then in the NEXT 24 hours a follow-up MAIL will come - "How much You RATE Our Service " on a "0 to 5 " Scale , "0" being Low & "5" being "High" (Net Promoter Score ) - without any concern whether the ISSUE was SOLVED
If You try to give "0" or "Very Poor" Rating - the "SUBMIT" Button will get DEACTIVATED - so that You cannot rate them "POOR" .
Who is responsible in this CASE
1. Is it the CUSTOMER – because He/She generates a Query
2. Is it CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE DEPARTMENT – they do not want to take unnecessary LOAD
3. Is it the “IT” Department – they want to lower down the Mail Trail saving Server Space, Let the Customer’s Problem remain UNSOLVED
4. OR , Is it the DECISION of the TOP MANAGEMENT – NOT TO RESOLVE CUSTOMER QUERY – but still they DREAM and EXPECT that CUSTOMER should be “LOYAL” & should give them GREAT RATINGS
Your COMMENT please